5-Week Yoga for Weight Loss & Wellness Program: Fall 2021
De-stress. Get in Shape. Feel Amazing. Shake Off the Covid Blues.
ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED...STAY TUNED FOR THE WINTER 2022 PROGRAM!
THE JOURNEY BEGINS September 13, 2021
Weight loss and health are intrinsically intertwined, and most all real health comes from a calm and peaceful mind. This mind state is the goal of yoga. Power Yoga (hatha) is the perfect weight loss vehicle, as we can get really physical-- strengthening, activating, releasing and burning calories while calming our mind.
My Power Yoga Weight Loss Program was not simply designed to lose weight-- it was designed to lose weight and keep excess weight off by bringing a complete wellness program into one's life. This wasn't designed to be a quick fix-- this was designed to transform your life.
Over this 5 week journey, you will:
- Discover a stronger, healthier, and calmer You.
- Strengthen your body, mind, and personal wellness and eating habits.
- Become intelligently selective to build better wellness and eating patterns.
- Develop clarity and calmness with a mindfulness and meditation practice.
- Strengthen your asana practice.
- Learn to meditate and explore the benefits of meditation.
- Receive personal guidance on your weight loss and wellness journey.
Who is the Power Yoga Weight Loss & Wellness Program for?
Anyone looking to discover a stronger, healthier, and calmer self. Anyone seeking personal guidance in their weight loss and overall wellness journey. Anyone looking to improve their general state of health and better manage their daily stress.
Who is this not for?
- Those who expect a “traditional” weight loss program that deals with weight loss only from a purely physical standpoint.
- Those who only have a goal of counting calories and losing pounds without any interest in improving their overall state of health and well-being.
- Those unwilling to look at the source of their habits which can lead to unhealthy patterns, stress, and weight gain.
- Those looking for a "quick fix".
- Those who don’t like immense physicality and expanded mentality.
What does this course include?
- Video discourses with Bryan
- Daily Yoga and Meditation classes
- Guidance on food, eating, and diet
- 3 LIVE Q&A calls with Bryan Kest
- A private Community Facebook group (optional)
How long is this course?
The course is designed to be completed in 5 weeks, but you will have access to ALL course materials for 6 months to allow you to work at your own pace and to integrate the material.
He initially studied in Hawaii with David Williams, the first person to bring Ashtanga yoga to America. He then studied in India with K. Pattabhi Jois, the main proponent of Ashtanga yoga. Kest has been teaching yoga since 1985. “My primary objective”, says Kest, “besides turning more and more people on to a healthier, more peaceful lifestyle that continually challenges them to grow, is to teach a system of exercise that fully integrates the body, mind, and spirit.
StartWeek 1 - Protocol (7:36)
StartLIVE Q&A Call #1 w/Bryan Kest: Monday, September 13 @10am PST
StartDay 1 - Asana (24:11)
StartDay 2 - Asana (20:46)
StartDay 3 - Asana (37:58)
StartDay 4 - Asana (21:18)
StartDay 5 - Asana (25:35)
StartDay 6 - Asana (23:13)
StartMeditation of Wisdom (15:14)
StartEmotional Eating Article